The evok advertising Account Manager is responsible for ongoing, proactive contact between our agency and agency accounts. Our account managers interface with all agency departments to move projects through on behalf of our clients, including the creative director or artists and copywriters concerning creative; the media director concerning media planning, buying and trafficking; the social media director concerning social media; the director of interactive strategy concerning digital projects; and the creative services manager regarding out to service (OTS) and production items etc.
We expect and rely on our account managers to provide valuable input in developing strategic marketing plans for our clients. Once presented and approved, our account managers are responsible for all aspects of plan execution, utilizing the full-service suite of support resources across the evok team.
This position reports to the VP of Client Services.
- Manages day-to-day activities for assigned clients, making sure projects stay on budget and deadlines are being met.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through creative services manager or other relevant personnel.
- Prepares client briefings, client contact reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments and their competitors.
- Works with team to ensure client’s needs are properly met.
- Assists in writing proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Enter and manage all client jobs and projects through agency’s project management software.
- Reviews and approves invoices.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs VP of client services regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc. and quickly and accurately relays client change orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Responsible for training and mentoring direct reports. Provides guidance for interns.
- Provides input on evok operational processes to help improve performance.
- Category captain for a designated vertical and responsible for a state of the industry report twice a year.
- Stay up to date with Google certifications.
- Represents agency professionally at client meetings, industry and community functions.
Four-year degree required in advertising, marketing or similar. Minimum of five years of experience as an account manager for a full-service advertising agency. Exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Mac proficient. Great attitude, work ethic and sense of humor. We are a culture-first agency, so you must be a team player and ready to be part of a growing team.
Located in our Lake Mary, Florida corporate headquarters, just north of Orlando, this is a full-time salaried position with a strong benefit, PTO and ongoing education/training/support package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.
Evok advertising expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of evok’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Evok advertising provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, evok advertising complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.