Social Media / Mobile Usage for Travelers (During the Trip)
- 74% use social media while on vacation.
- 27% use social media the same amount on a vacation as when they aren’t on vacation.
- 72% of 18-34 year olds use mobile devices while traveling and 52% of all adults do.
- 68% of travelers use mobile devices to keep in touch while on a trip.
- 48% take pictures.
- 30% make reservations.
- 25% find directions to attractions.
- Other popular mobile device activities include reading reviews for local businesses and translating languages.
Sources: Marriott, TripAdvisor, Frommer’s Unlimited, Assistance USA, Allianz Global, ComScore
Quote of the Day: “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein